Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Fire Technician.
Red Dog Mine, located in NW Alaska, is a large, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation to and from Anchorage or the surrounding villages. Rotation schedule will be two weeks on-site and two weeks off-site.
Reporting to the Loss Control Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain fire extinguishers property wide in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Participate in promoting a culture of safety through participation in morning and monthly safety meetings.
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a medical examination and drug/alcohol tests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- State of Alaska Class III Fire Extinguisher Permit
- Ability to lift and carry 60 Ibs periodically on a daily basis.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain State of Alaska Fire Systems Certifications for Alarms (IB), Sprinklers (IIB) and Special Hazards (IIIB).
Further information on Red Dog Mine is available at
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Teck - Red Dog Mine
NANA Development Corporation - 12 months ago
Teck Resources Limited known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a Canadian metals and mining company. Canada's largest diversified...