Electrical and electronic engineering technicians help design, develop, test, and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment such as CPV control system, field communication equipment, production equipment, and computer measurement and controls. The EET works in product evaluation and testing, using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test, and repair equipment.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems. Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered when building prototypes or pilot production
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments. Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, record results, write follow up reports.
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and make recommendations. Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics systems or subsystems.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work and report to engineering management. Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations.
- 5-7 years experience as a EET.
- 2-year associate degree at a technical institute, or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Proficient with office and matlab or equivalent program. Fluency in English and proficiency in writing engineering reports.
VentureLoop - 3 years ago