The Lead Engineer - Axial Compressor Aero Design System demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes and engineering tools that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Axial Compressor Aero Design System lead will work on a team to drive integration and continuous improvement to the 1D, 2D aerodynamic tool suite and corresponding 3D CFD gridding tools & methods
- Define / execute design methods and tools to better reflect compressor aerodynamic loading and design, including technology developments to promote the understanding of component behavior and physics
- Be a liaison with the engineering design organizations across GE to establish technical requirements, and drive synergistic development
- Formulate, implement and manage projects with GE global organizations and vendors to achieve technical and program requirements
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks including sharing of best practices across GE Energy, Aviation, Oil & Gas and Rail
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- At least 5 additional years of Turbo machinery engineering design experience
Desired Characteristics · Strong technical aptitude and expertise in aerodynamic design process, and tools
- Experience with NX, CFD hand meshing and solvers
- Working knowledge of FORTRAN,C,C++
- TclTk programming languages & Bash scripting is a plus
- Product experience in power generation / aircraft engines industries
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ivy Exec - 3 years ago