As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for coordinating comprehensive program and project plans in support of Enterprise IT initiatives; evaluating risks and proposing risk mitigation strategies; defining, evaluating, and recommending new technologies that support information sharing through MLS, MSLS, and MILS solutions; developing Certification and Accreditation (C&A) support documentation in accordance with (IAW) applicable DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) directives; and providing subject matter expertise for IA architecture activities through written and verbal guidance to the Program Managers on current and emerging IA standards, processes, and best practices.
- Provide technical focus on network support for switches, routers, along with network sensors such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Apply established security policies and procedures
- Review vulnerability assessments and conduct gap analysis of assigned networks and systems
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to address deficiencies
- Perform network security analysis and risk management for designated unclassified and classified networks
- Participates in special projects as required.
Master of Science Degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related field preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lien of degree,
Five (5) years of professional information assurance experience evaluating system risks, identifying and recommending multi-layered defense-in-depth architectures, and managing C&A efforts.
Experience MUST include the following Special Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years current, professional level experience navigating cross-domain system design requirements, certification, and accreditation in both Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information and Below Interoperability (TSABI) and Secret and Below Interoperability (SABI) environments,
- Minimum of three (3) years current, professional level experience in providing direct security engineering support to program managers for endpoint, enclave, and enterprise IT solutions,
- Minimum of three (3) years current, professional level experience developing security-related support documentation the DoD and IC Enterprise and tactical deployments
- Understanding of network architectures and protocols
- Strong technical skills and analytic abilities
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Strong Documentation Skills
- Software/hardware test and evaluation experience
- Previous network/systems security analyst experience
- Previous Unix/Linux system administration experience
- Ability to deal with customers at all levels in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize and dynamically re-task response and recovery actions as situations change
- Ability to provide accurate and concise documentation
Minimum certification- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), ITIL v3 Foundations
Other relevant certifications and licenses will be considered.
TS/SBI SCI Clearance required; Industry-recognized certification in ITIL v3
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all requirements or working conditions associated with this job.
- This position may require shift and weekend work
- This position may require deployments to CONUS locations, and may include hazardous duty areas
- Deployments can be of a duration of up to 180 days; this position typically deploys on an as-required basis
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 17 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...