Avalon Health Care is seeking a dependable, organized and dedicated Licensed Practical Nurse to join our outstanding team!
Under the supervision of the registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, licensed physician or other health care provider authorized by the state; the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will participate in the development, implementation and modification of the comprehensive plan of care for facility residents. He/She will practice within the legal boundaries for practical nursing authorized by the state for the delivery of patient care and related services.
Candidates must have a current nursing license as well as a positive attitude! Our post-acute facilities are physician-led, quality-driven, and patient-centered. This patient focus and standard of care allows our employees to build long term, meaningful relationships with our patients. That is why Avalon employees proudly say “We embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing.”
We are looking for like-minded individuals who welcome responsibility and are excited to uphold our core principles. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges and opportunities for personal fulfillment!
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse in practicing state.
- Demonstrates understanding that state and Federal rules and regulations govern the practices within the facility.
- Ongoing pursuit of Continuing Education Credits in clinical subjects, management, personal growth and development.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of infection control principles and practices.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and positively with staff, residents and family members.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulation and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Recent clinical experience, education, or specialty skills specific to geriatrics.