Public Relations (PR) Manager
The Philips PR manager will work to improve Philips’ brand awareness and reputation in North America as an innovator and thought leader on health and well-being issues to drive business growth. To do so, the PR manager will craft and disseminate stories from across the company to demonstrate how Philips turns customer insights into meaningful technology and applications to make life better - from birth through every moment and milestone; from morning through night; and throughout the global community.
The PR manager responsible for public and media relations activities that help build a positive brand/reputation for Philips in North America, including developing media-worthy assets and stories, developing and managing relationships with targeted media outlets, supporting public relations and stakeholder relations projects that serve to create awareness and understanding about Philips, and providing research and real-time monitoring during issues/crises to help protect and enhance the company’s reputation among key stakeholders (customers, consumers, employees, media, policymakers).
The new PR manager will join the Philips North America communications team, reporting to the director of public and media relations. This role also has ongoing and regular relationships directly with Philips businesses in North America, corporate functional departments, the global communications network, and the marketing and communications communities across all sectors in NA. Additionally, works with PR agency relationships and supports other external sponsorships, as well as the relationship with key regional media publications. The network of communication professionals is energetic, enthusiastic and savvy.
Joining the communication team as PR manager will help promote the innovative products, services and commitments the company develops to achieve its mission of improving the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. The PR manager will:
• Implement public and media relations and stakeholder relations programs.
• Draft core media materials such as statements, news releases, Q&A documents, fact sheets, customer case studies and media briefing materials in line with strategic communication plans.
• Interact effectively with news media and stakeholder representatives.
• Apply existing materials to develop customized messages for maximum impact on different stakeholder groups.
• Conduct research and monitoring on current issues, trends, and crises.
• Help manage external vendors and services, such as monitoring and measurement, as part of our overall North America PR Center of Excellence.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has a minimum of 5-7 years of communications experience, with specific competency and proven history of:
o implementing media and public relations campaigns
o influencing external stakeholders
o developing relationships with media outlets which have resulted in delivering media stories that support business goals
o measuring and reporting results
o demonstrating excellence in writing
o self-motivated to work independently within a fast-paced, collaborative organization.
• Has the ability to monitor and escalate potential issues that may require immediate attention.
• Understands business financial metrics and applies this knowledge to interpret information for decision making.
• Shows broad knowledge in leveraging strategies, products/services and/or initiatives to enhance corporate reputation & vice versa.
• With an undergraduate degree minimum in management, business, marketing or communications.
Call to Action / Contact
Find out more info about Philips and apply for the position at
Notes: Philips is a equal opportunity employer
Brand Communication 1-50016413
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Philips Global - 13 months ago
Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With sales of EUR...