Senior Linux Kernel Architect-Platform|
Riverbed is the market leader in growing space of WAN optimization and Cloud computing.
We are seeking a high energy hands on technical leader and systems engineer for the Platform Team.
• Help define, articulate, and propagate platform vision
• Lead and execute platform initiatives in the areas of Linux kernel, Device Drivers, Hardware Interfaces, Virtualization, storage stack and Networking stack.
• Hands on instrumentation of code and debug of complex platform issues. Lead and guide the debug of such issues through other engineers
• Develop rapid prototypes and proof of concepts of platform ideas and architectures
• Get resolution on critical issues involving hardware, BIOS, Firmware, and drivers
• Participate in all phases of software development and support including requirements, design, coding, unit test, benchmarking, and multi-core performance tuning.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BS/MS in CS or EE
• Very High energy and can-do attitude
• Ability to deal with complex technical problems.
• 8+ years software development experience using C/ C++, and shell scripts
• Solid working knowledge in Linux systems development in native and preferably virtualized environment
• Demonstrated involvement in the open source Linux community is a strong plus.
• System level knowledge of one of the virtualization platforms (ESXi, Hyper-V, Xen, KVM) is a strong plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with engineers & management in technical forums
• Deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of at least one of the following areas (Preferably more than one)
o Server Storage stack
o Server Network stack
o Server Virtualization architectures and technologies
o Hardware Interface and device drivers
Riverbed Technology, Inc. is a San Francisco and Sunnyvale company, with excellent salary, options and benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Location: San Francisco OR Sunnyvale
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 17 months ago