Depending upon the desired qualifications of the successful candidate, the hiring manager may elect to fill this position at a higher level within the job hierarchy.
The Learner - Nuclear Security responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs activities per station security procedures to provide for physical protection of the facility including armed response.
- Conducts searches, surveillance and patrols (both foot and vehicle) in the owner controlled, protected and vital areas of the station.
- Maintains logs and forms, tests security equipment, issues and accounts for security keys and equipment.
- Execute regulatory tasks which require consistent accuracy and highest levels of attentiveness.
- Provide emergency medical response and industrial rescue.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Experience in high value/risk industrial or infrastructure security or related field.
- Prior civilian law enforcement experience.
- Military service with training/assignment in force protection or combat operations.
- Current or previous nuclear security experience.
- Emergency medical/rescue training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally including use of computers and radios and telephones.
- Currently working as a security contract employee at the McGuire Nuclear Station with demonstrated desirable work ethics, safety behaviors and, job knowledge.
Must also be able to complete and pass the following:
- Must successfully complete security clearance screening for unescorted access and nuclear security officer including clearance for access to Safeguards Information.
- Must successfully pass a company approved medical examination for armed security officers and successfully complete a job validated physical performance (HPSI) test.
- Must be able to complete Security Officer Basic Training and achieve qualification in all required site specific armed and unarmed security tasks.
Working Conditions and Other Conditions:
- Respiratory physical / SCBA.
- Security clearance.
- Police check.
- Maintain armed officer status.
- Mandatory hearing protection program.
- Nuclear pre-access drug/alcohol screen.
- Mandatory clinical assessment - IMP Critical group.
- Frequent Overtime.
- Weekend Work.
- General nuclear power plant conditions of high temperature and noise.
- Able to climb ladders, work at heights and enter confined spaces.
- Normal office and field environment to include all weather conditions.
- Shift work.
- Uniform required.
- Testing required.
Duke Energy - 14 months ago
Duke Energy Carolinas (formerly Duke Power) energizes the Carolinas as well as its parent company's sales. A part of top US power firm...