Contributes to the efficient, profitable and productive operations by analyzing, designing, developing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring new and existing HRIS systems (includes HR, Payroll, Benefits, EEO, and Tax).
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and day-to-day tasks associated with Woodmen’s HRIS Systems. Maintains the integrity of data within the systems and resolves any challenges associated with the data.
- Works with managers and end-users to analyze business processes, develop functional requirements, create specifications, and recommend system solutions to most effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the organization.
- Monitors HR information needs and designs new or modifies existing systems to meet changing requirements. Manages the design and implementation of new modules, releases and/or functionality.
- Provides internal customer support for systems questions and problems; serves as a subject matter expert for business processes.
- Partners with BT developers, providing expertise in functional analysis and process design, to develop enhancements, implement solutions, coordinate software upgrades, new releases and implementation of new modules.
- Coordinates with BT to provide interfaces, imports and exports to vendors and current society Legacy system databases.
- Oversees testing of system enhancements, data conversions, and interfaces with other third party applications/systems
- Provides internal customer support for systems questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for business processes and related systems.
- Designs and delivers effective training to the business and HR end users of the systems to ensure maximum consistent utilization of the system. Maintains all system training and documentation.
- Maintains & enhances the EMSS portal; designs workflow and procedures related to EMSS portal.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and Woodmen policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience with HRMS Systems (LAWSON Preferred) requiring significant data analysis, project management and client relationship responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of formal principles and practices in Human Resources, Benefits, Compensation and Payroll and Tax.
- Thorough knowledge of Cognos or Crystal Reports reporting tools.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and logic skills.
- Ability to master new technology and continually acquire new skills while retaining present skills.
- Ability to create and/or reengineer processes to help provide the highest quality product and services.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. The incumbent will be required to interact with both internal and external customers.
- Solid facilitation and presentation skills.
- Able to focus one’s time and efforts on the critical needed to achieve business results.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Unix-type operating system knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Lawson System Foundation (LSF) 9.0 is a plus.
- Lawson ERP application knowledge is a plus.
Woodmen of the World is a fraternal benefit organization that offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of Woodmen’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
Woodmen is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. Woodmen is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
WOODMEN OF THE WORLD LIFE INSURANCE SOCIETY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER