The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to manage over $5 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing everyone with a common language and a central point of reference for our investment activities globally.
The Aladdin and Application Engineering teams within the Aladdin & Technology group use the latest technologies to design and develop applications that make up the firm’s investment management platform. The systems support the full lifecycle of the investment management process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade routing and settlement.
This person will be a member of a team that manages the core Microsoft Server based systems as well as a number of other enabling technologies.
The Windows Administrator will assume responsibility for the support and maintenance of the Microsoft infrastructure. The team supports technologies including Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, file and print, Exchange 2003/2007/2010, ESX/VMWare, Blackberry, BlueCoats and Citrix.
As other technologies emerge, the administrator will be expected to provide support for these systems also as well as having a deep understanding of the above technologies, the individual should be well versed in other connected technologies such as storage, networking and security.
This position will report to the AMRS Regional Windows Server Platform Manager as a Senior Infrastructure Technologist in the Virtualization team for BlackRock. In this role, the candidate will provide ongoing daily support, design and implementation services for the Virtualization platform as well as maintaining the serviceability of the platform to meet business needs.
The candidate will function within a team responsible for managing the platform as well as core Microsoft Server based systems and a number of other enabling technologies. The role demands that the Senior Infrastructure Technologist works well under pressure and can deliver towards tight deadlines. He or she is also responsible for assisting the regional platform manager in the operations of an estate comprising over 3,000 server platforms and a number of technologies including but not limited to:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- VMware (ESXi/ESX, vSphere 4/5)
- VCOPS, vCloud Director/vShield
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP network troubleshooting (distributed switches, vLAN tagging, port aggregation)
- Working knowledge of SAN environments (architecture, tuning and provisioning) EMC or Hitachi preferred
- Working knowledge in the implementation of Nexus 1000v switches
- Security and hardening best practices around Virtualization
- Windows 2008R2/Windows 2012
- SCCM 2010/2012
- SCOM 2012
Must possess at least seven years of solid experience leading a functional team in the following technologies and having played a major role in design and implementation decisions:
- Responsible for the planning, testing, tuning, configuration and setup of large global VM infrastructures
- Broad Knowledge in systems architecture and design around Virtualization
- Knowledge of global vCenter design, implementation and management around governed by established project management practices
- Responsible for creating and maintaining appropriate documentation for deployment, configuration, and related processes around disaster/recovery and daily operations of the Virtualization infrastructure
- Liaise with other team members on daily operational issues, tactical and strategic planning as well as system and service recovery.
- Provide a comprehensive disaster recovery plan for the virtualization infrastructure
- Must have experience in network troubleshooting Virtualization infrastructures at all layers
- Must serve as mentor and thought leader both internally and externally with respect to our Virtualization platform
- VMware (ESXi/ESX, vSphere 4/5)
- vCenter/vSphere 4/5
Working knowledge of ITIL
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science and/or alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills.
Minimum 1 year of team lead experience.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Tech & Ops-A&T-Technology Services
Jan 9, 2013, 10:16:18 AM
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At...