We are a consulting company working with an enterprise customer to provide backend operations and support for a cloud-based application platform. This project involves a very interesting and cutting-edge software business!
Position: Linux Administrator to Operate and Support a J2EE/Oracle/Python based platform.
This is a contract position with flexible work hours and is located in St. Paul, MN. Willing to assist in relocation cost.
Role: You will be working in an exciting and fast moving environment with people across multiple time-zones, countries and organizations. The job will require you to install, configure, support, manage and monitor a highly available cloud centric platform running on Redhat 5.5, GlassFish, Django, and Oracle. The monitoring tools include NewRelic, Greylog, Jolokia, and Loggly. Your mission will be to keep the production environment running and support the customer in maintenance, administration, and operations.
Candidate: We are Looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and highly motivated with a passion for technology and a desire to dig around independently to learn the nuts and bolt of the platform.
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic networking and protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, proxies, http/https, and json.
- Experience with Redhat 5.5 EE.
- Some experience deploying & configuring LAMP or J2EE applications.
- Basic understanding of relational databases and PL/SQL.
- Experience monitoring an enterprise application and using tools like Graylog, Graphite, Jolokia, Newrelic, Loggly, syslog, etc...
- Some Java development experience is a nice to have.
Compensation: Highly competitive