Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to serve as a Project Manager on complex, visible, and high-priority drainage, wastewater, and sediment remediation projects. The position will lead multidisciplinary project teams to successfully deliver projects using SPU’s Project Management Methodology, Cost Estimating Guide, Consultant Contracting Guide, Enterprise Project Management System, and other city processes, systems and tools. This position reports to a project management supervisor in SPU's Project Management Office section.
- Form and lead multidisciplinary project teams to develop and track project scopes, risks, issues, schedules and budgets
- Successfully deliver projects to meet performance requirements within baselined scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Communicate with a diverse customer base and internal and external stakeholders
Requires five years professional civil engineering experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology; (or a combinations of education and/or training and/or experience, which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
Registration as a Professional Engineer.
Want to know more about the Seattle Public Utilities? Check out our webpage: http://www.seattle.gov/util/
- Experience with infrastructure projects in urban environments
- Experience as a project manager, forming and leading highly functional teams to deliver projects that meet set goals at the best value for ratepayer money
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience developing Project Management Plans that include clear, concise scopes of work, realistic schedule, budget and risk assessment
- Experience with monitoring and controlling projects compared to a baseline plan for scope, schedule, cost, and risks
- Strong working knowledge in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience utilizing project management software
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Project and Excel
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and team members
- Skills in communicating with a variety of audiences
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- A passion for the field of project management and leading teams
- Ability to work within the organizational framework of SPU Workplace Expectations including our values on Safety, Respect, Diversity, Trust, Humor, Productivity, Integrity, Innovation, and Partnership.
Seattle is known for innovation, progress and creative solutions. The City of Seattle provides a remarkable range of opportunities for...