Position includes company vehicle, on-site housing and partial utilities.
The Property Manager will be able to understand, implement and assure compliance of all permitting and other operational and regulatory requirements. The Manager has daily contact with residents or personnel and therefore is a key participant. The primary responsibility of the property manager is to handle all business operations on behalf of the association. The manager will schedule any maintenance, managing building maintenance projects, compile all data for financial reports by regularly maintaining and updating all records and files. The manager also plays a part in resolving all owners/renters conflicts and complaints. The manager will also help to advertise for lease or rent on the property, selects tenants, make rental or lease agreements, collect deposits and rent, solve tenant issues, and oversee eviction in case of violation of rent and lease agreement.
The Property Manager reports’ directly to the Association’s Board of Directors and must be capable of effective interaction with all members of the Condominium’s Association. All Association employees fall under his/her direct supervision.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Liaison between condominium owners, Board of Directors, local government as well as federal offices and other businesses, associations or agencies.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Arrange repairs for Association members or tenants as per requested at their expense.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction.
- Confer with board members, association members and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential improvement.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for use at committee meetings, monthly boards of directors meetings and the membership annual meeting.
- Attend required board of directors and special meetings.
- Greet visitors, agency representatives and coordinate approved access to property.
- Managing all maintenance-related and capital improvement activities within an assigned property.
- Initiating & overseeing maintenance projects.
- Assisting team leaders in carrying out the implementation of various policies, standards, procedures and programs relating to the overall maintenance and upkeep of the properties.
- Works with on-site team to meet and exceed the needs of the facility.
- Seeks out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, negotiating pricing, collaborating on approved vendor list, keeping vendor list updated and publishing the list for the properties.
- Update the owners/renters about the physical condition of the property, any renovations and maintenance required and all financial arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE - A minimum 5 years of documented property management experience. At least 2 years of proven supervisory experience.
ORGANIZATIONAL - Teamwork; group & organizational skills; and ability to handle multiple task and employees.
COMMUNICATIONS - Effective writing and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate in all directions within the association.
PROBLEM-SOLVING - Exhibits highly developed conflict resolution skills. Analyzes information and chooses the best solutions and evaluates results.
COMPUTER LITERATE – Knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and working knowledge of Microsoft Access and QuickBooks a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Virgin Islands Drivers’ License
PREFERRED TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Adheres to company rules and work practices
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains confidential information;
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfills obligations;
- Meets deadlines for assignments.
- Uses time wisely and efficiently;
- Performs multiple tasks to completion;
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others to work together to accomplish task.
- Works effectively with other personnel.
- Welcomes new assignments and challenges.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working.
- A positive attitude with a smile is a must, due to the fact that this role is a front line position to residents, other personnel or customers.
- Lift 45 pounds
- Reach in all directions
- Handle and manipulating objects and materials
- Work long hours (sometimes holidays, weekends)
- Read computer monitor, etc.
Pinnacle Services - 12 months ago