· Assists in preparation and service of meals in accordance with facility policy and applicable regulations.
· Tray set-up, pour beverages, help pass trays, clean dining room, wash dishes, etc.
· Follows daily Nutrition Services functions and operations.
· Assists with preparation and service of meals as directed by the cook in accordance with facility policy, residents’ desires, and applicable regulations.
· Passes beverages (coffee, tea, etc.) and helps pass trays at meal time paying particular attention to diet orders and resident desires.
· Completes relevant paperwork (i.e. cleaning schedules, temperature records, etc.).
· Cleans/sanitizes kitchen and dining room as directed including washing of dinnerware, sanitizing table tops, cleaning carts & equipment, mopping floors, etc.
· Heavy cleaning in the kitchen & dining room (i.e. wash walls, clean hood vents, scrub floors, wash shelves, clean freezers, refrigerators, dry storage areas, etc.).
· Stores and maintains equipment & supplies.
· Assists with the provision of care to residents (within qualifications) and participate in social and activity programs in order to help meet the physical, mental, social and spiritual needs of the residents to promote a happy, safe, and fulfilling environment.
· Cleaning and paring of fruits & vegetables.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Prefer previous Nutrition Services experience.
· Mandatory Reporter – Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
IA-Johnston-Bishop Drumm Retirement Ctr
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 15 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...