FEDSYS is a professional services company focused on providing reliable, cost-effective solutions to clients within both the public and private sectors. FedSys areas of experience and expertise include information technology, language services, intelligence, security, program management, customs and border management, and staffing. Services include requirements analysis, engineering, facility and systems design, systems integration and installation, customization, programming, maintenance, support, translation and interpretation, and training.
The Security Specialist assists and supports the day-to-day interpretation, implementation, enforcement, and execution of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual; Direct and Primary assistant to the Facility Security Officer (FSO); provides hands-on management/supervisory support over Security Assistants, including clearance processing, visit certifications and document control. Performs JPAS duties and conducts security briefings and debriefings. Provides security guidance to facility personnel and interfaces on behalf of the Facility Security Officer with Defense Security Services personnel on items pertaining to the NISPOM. Generates security related correspondence with other general office duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Direct and Primary assistant to the Facility Security Officer (FSO) in all Security matters
- Oversees and supervises Security Assistants and all personnel assigned to the Security Department or under the cognizant control of the FSO
- Review all security paperwork for accuracy and completion and submits via the eQIP system
- Follow up on processed clearances to provides clearance status to managers for specific contracts
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements
- Assist the Facility Security Officer with preparing the necessary paperwork in support of a DSS investigation or annual visit
Other or Additional Responsibilities
- Must work independently and exercise independent judgment on a regular basis
- Experienced in reviewing SF-86 forms, initiating, preparation and electronic submission of JPAS Investigation Requests
- Knowledgeable of the NISPOM, COMSEC, and other applicable security directives required
- Possesses strong organizational and administrative skills to include proficiency with MS Office Suite, eQIP database system and other support systems
- Must have strong organization skills and detail oriented.
Knowledge and Skills
- Delivers security briefings and security education programs
- Serves as the alternate communication security (COMSEC) custodian; maintains accurate accountability of COMSEC items both classified and unclassified through the Distributed Infosec Accounting System (DIAS)
- Recommends procedures to improve the existing security system as necessary
- Interfaces with candidates and subcontractors regarding Personnel Security
- Performs other duties assigned
- Working knowledge of the NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives and associated industrial security regulations, policies and laws.
- Knowledge of Executives Orders 10450, 12968, 13526
- Formal training with JPAS, OPM, ACAVS, and E-QIP databases
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for correspondence, reports, briefings, and procedures, good verbal and listening communication skills
- Developed interpersonal skills and a professional image
- Requires minimal supervision for assigned tasks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position will interact with both internal and external customers to include members of senior management and the industry community.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance and successfully pass a background check and drug screening as a condition of employment
The physical demands described here, typical to that of an office environment, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment, typical to an office environment, characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be expected. Infrequent travel in support of business activities may be required.
Educational / Work Experience
- Must obtain Facility Security Officer Certif
- 3 years ago - save job