Integrate into a team that supports daily operations of RR Donnelley Global Turnkey Solution’s global IT infrastructure. The team currently supports approx 1,200 business users across eleven worldwide locations and three data centers. The System Administrator ensures centralized IT systems are fully maintained. Also that shared global services meet customer and business service level agreements.
Duties and Resonsibilities
- Day to day administration of servers. This includes patching, optimisation, security review, security implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting in an environment that consists of AIX, Linux and Windows 2008.
- Maintain overall system stability
- Evaluate system performance; generate performance recommendations; and trend system performance
- Deployment of configuration changes and application software, both 3 rd party and internally developed.
- Addressing day to day support requests related to shared infrastructure from all sites.
- Coordinate between multiple technical teams and/or vendors to address complex technical issues.
- Proactively monitor global systems, address and raise awareness where appropriate.
- Maintain full ownership of support / helpdesk incidents to ensure they are addressed promptly, professionally and to completion.
- Perform routine daily system checks
- Document technical information, including schematics, system resolutions and knowledge base information
- First level support of database servers – Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008,
- Document and support GTS high availability and disaster recovery procedures.
- Three years experience in System Administration and user support
- Proven experience in AIX/Linux/Unix.
- IBM System P series server knowledge
- PowerVM, VIOS and HACMP knowledge
- LAN / WAN architecture understanding and support - TCP/IP and DNS.
- Basic Database experience with Oracle 11g
- Proven history of supporting third party and custom applications.
- Windows 2003 and 2008 administration, clustered and non-clustered
- Basic Database experience with SQL Server
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting an ERP system (JD Edwards)
- Experience supporting MS .NET architected solutions
- Weblogic administrative skills
- IBM SAN Experience (V7000, XIV or DS8000)
- Critical thinking with the ability to troubleshoot issues in a complex technology environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to collaborate across many technical teams.
- Takes a logical approach to analysing problems
- Ability to prioritize multiple workflows with changing timeframes.
- Customer Service Focused
- Available to work on-call rotation
- Willingness to work with a global team of IT professionals.
- Willing to travel
RR Donnelley - 22 months ago
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...