The Continuous Improvement Manager uses Lean/Six Sigma and related methodologies to work with departments, teams, and individuals across the organization to facilitate improvements in the design, management, execution, and control of operations. You will drive the site effort to link our customers to our manufacturing and ultimately our suppliers with supermarkets, kanban
and other lean tools through the Alere Lean Enterprise. You will spearhead a cultural shift towards value-added creation and waste elimination. You will create a permanent competitive advantage for the Scarborough, Maine site as a center of efficiency and improvement. The right candidate will bring a great deal of knowledge, experience, influence with the ability to quickly understand the goals, and assist in developing systems that will enable the organization to reach its operational performance targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and learns from what others say
- Train others in the use of Lean Manufacturing and related methodologies in all areas of the business to engrain lean philosophy in the organizational culture.
- Helps set strategic operational goals, Key performance indicators of those goals and drives continual improvement of those metrics
- Identifies and/or generates and/or examines data to help grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Develops or helps to generate fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
- Facilitates and/or makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Uses mathematical techniques to calculate data or help solve practical problems.
- Resolves or aides in the resolution of difficult or complicated challenges.
- Identifies, collects, and organizes data for analysis and decision-making.
- Adapts and helps the organization adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction by removing waste from the processes of manufacturing and services offered by the organization.
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Gets the job done.
- Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
- Influences others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
- Enables cooperative and productive group interactions. Convinces others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards, or policies.
- Assist in the spread of best practices to all sites of the organization in cooperation with other site leads
Must have a four-year degree preferably in engineering (Industrial and Systems Engineering) with background in manufacturing.
3-5 years in previous experience deploying Lean in a manufacturing setting is required.
Proven track record of previous experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical company is preferred.
Manufacturing / Production
United States of America-Maine-Scarborough
Alere - 2 years ago
When you really need an answer -- fast -- toss out the crystal ball and bring in Alere. The company offers both professional and consumer...