- Daily interaction with fabrication employees to identify and eliminate waste in production. Identify bottlenecks and determine solutions to shorten cycle times and reduce labor
- Will identify root causes of quality problems and determine solutions
- Design tools and automation projects to aid the assembly of products
- Provide general manufacturing engineering support
BS Degree in Engineering – Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial preferred
- Demonstrated experience 1-3 yrs (1 year preferred minimum in Lean Manufacturing concepts and application)
- Ability to produce analysis and reports on manufacturability and cost efficiencies of new and/or changes to existing part/product/design
- Must be comfortable reading engineering prints and using measuring instruments to inspect parts to prints. (calipers, protractor, measuring tape, micrometers, etc.)
- Must be familiar with metal fabrication. E.g.: welding, cutting, machining operations, fixturing, punching, etc.
- Ability to work with engineers and floor managers/personnel in determining the best and most cost-effective methods of producing and improving product flow
- Aggressive and forward thinking ability that compliments strategic product direction, particularly in the area of reductions in cost and improved manufacturability of product.
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills
- Good working knowledge of computers and computer systems
- Dedication to thoroughness in work assuring that the detail of changes are complete and acceptable
- Knowledge of Solid Works helpful
ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. - 3 years ago