Assist professionals from a wide variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, or social work, to provide patient services, as well as support for families. Assist patients in identifying available benefits and social and community services and help patients obtain these benefits. May assist social workers with developing, organizing, and conducting programs to prevent and resolve problems relevant to substance abuse, human relationships, rehabilitation, or adult daycare.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. BS degree in Social Work or related field preferred or equivalent education and experience required.
2. Experience with admission screenings, billing and reimbursement service for an acute care or long-term care facility required.
3. Knowledge of laws regarding financial programs, Medicare/Medicaid and NH/RCF required.
- On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
- Normal bending, stooping, reaching with lifting restricted to 35 pounds.
- Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
- Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
- Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
- KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Kootenai Health - 30+ days ago