The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Information Security Analyst position available at Corporate in Boise, ID.
Under general supervision, conducts research and fact-finding to develop or modify security within the Human Capital Management (HCM) Information systems. Configures, tests, documents, and maintains moderately complex security within the Human Capital Management (HCM) Information systems. Performs the ongoing security maintenance and support requests for HCM. Responds to simple to more challenging Information Security related inquiries and questions. Helps to identify potential internal control risks. May lead an investigation of simple problems and provides backup for daily security needs. Assists in security testing and with data security audits. May participate in business & IT projects as a security team member.
• Codes, tests, and debugs security programs; analyzes problems or weaknesses within the HCM system or logic and makes changes to ensure HCM security integrity and performance.
• Tests and monitors database tables; analyzes problems or weaknesses within security database or logic and makes changes to ensure database integrity and performance integrity within the security components of the HCM system.
• Supports the ongoing maintenance and support requests for HCM systems security.
• Responds to information security related inquiries and questions and helps to identify potential internal control risks.
• Acts as backup for coverage of daily change requests and projects.
• Works with Application Support to investigate and resolve security issues in accordance with the Information Security policies.
• Performs the ongoing maintenance of ERP systems security tables and user access reviews.
• Assists with the maintenance of the security documentation and recommends improvements to policies and procedures.
• Assists with data security and HIPAA compliance reviews/audits.
• Assists in the security testing of system upgrades.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
• Two plus years related experience and/or training.
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of basic business processes and internal controls.
• Demonstrated understanding of ERP systems (Lawson), personal computers and uses other applied technologies.
• Basic understanding of information security related risks as well as regulatory, audit and compliance requirements including HIPAA, PCI and local Privacy legislation.
• Demonstrated experience working on projects that require partnership with all company areas.
• Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
• Must have working knowledge of LDAP and network authentication
Skills & Abilities:
• Proven research, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills required.
• Ability to apply fundamental concepts, practices and procedures, and analytical skills to basic business processes and internal controls.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Skill to write routine reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to learn various business functions, processes, and business-specific applications. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
• Must be fluent in several programming languages. Preferred knowledge of source code repositories specifically Subversion and how it relates to Lawson Landmark Technology.
• Preferred working experience with Lawson Landmark or Lawson System Foundation (S3). Basic understanding of role based security creation as it relates to Lawson Software (S3 or Landmark).
• Preferred understanding of Lawson Landmark technology tooling.
• Preferred scripting skills (perl, shell, etc).
• Preferred understanding of Lawson Pattern Language.
• Preferred understanding of Lawson Landmark environment at minimum Lawson LSF environment.
• Basic understanding of IBM DB2.
• Working experience with a UNIX operating system, required. Demonstrate the ability to learn new technology and concepts.
• Preferred working knowledge of IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and a basic working knowledge of JAVA.