The Creative Services Group promotes the nexus of strategy, innovation and design. We work across all lines of business, products and technologies interpreting technology trends through a design lens to create next-generation user experiences.
We’re looking for an Acoustic Analysis Tools Intern who is creative, self-driven, and fun to work with - especially in a fast-paced environment. Our group is unique in that we work across all lines of business, which generates exciting internal and external engagements as well as cool mash-up opportunities. Help us create the next generation of Human Machine Interfaces that will be incorporated into daily life.
As an Acoustic Analysis Tools intern, you will help develop web-based speech signal analysis tools to allow verification the alignment between phonetic labeling data and speech signals. These tools will facilitate the development of speech synthesis products for next-generation, hosted Enterprise/Mobile TTS (Text to Speech).
You will spend the summer working on team and individual coding projects to help push the boundaries of our state-of-the-art speech tools. For this position you will:
- Investigate a solution to build a web-based acoustic analysis environment which allows verification of alignment between labeling data and speech signals
- Gather requirements from lead users to create project scope and timeline
- Synthesize requirements in order to design and develop a web-based prototype for acoustic data analysis
- Review progress milestones with lead users to optimize tool environment and workflow
- Integrate web-based prototype into existing data platforms
- Must be pursuing a BA, BS, MS, or PhD degree. Undergraduate (BA,BS) students should have completed at least 2 years of academics studies upon commencement of internship.
- Major / Degree Pursuit: Engineering
- The Grade Point Average should be a minimum of 3.3 (B+) but may vary depending upon academic institution GPA scale.
- Required availability: 30 – 40 hours per week.
- Experience with team coding, including version control systems
- Experience with GUIs or web programming
- Keen understanding of interface design and maintenance
- Experience in web programming languages such as HTML5/CSS3, JSP, Python, Django, text processing, etc.
- Comfortable developing web/applications under Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with Praat and/or speech technologies a +++
If Interested: Apply on line by March 15, 2013. Please include a cover letter as to why you are interested in the Internship role and why you want to work at Nuance.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. www.nuance.com
We’re the people who make voice work. We design and deliver intuitive technologies that help people live and work more intelligently. We provide the tools to inform, to connect, and to empower people to be more productive and creative. We give people more than just control over their communications. We give them command of their lives.
Our priority is creating solutions that put people in command, from speech technologies that help companies offer superior customer service experiences, to healthcare solutions that help physicians focus on patient care instead of documentation, to imaging technologies that convert physical documents into searchable digital files. That’s what has made us the leading provider of speech and imaging solutions around the world.
Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Nuance - 13 months ago
Nuance Communications can help you see the subtle differences in both speech and images. The company provides speech and digital imaging...