Java Software Developer-INF0004355
About the General Motors Application Development team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development and testing geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. GM’s Application Development team is responsible for developing, configuring and delivering exciting IT solutions across GM’s core business areas using various methodologies and COTS software tools. Strategies for consolidating software tools and minimizing customizations to enable structural cost efficiencies are a primary focus. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
About the role:
The Java Developer writes the code to build and support GM’s systems, applications, and platforms. This Java Developer role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. This role will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. Each Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. The Java Developer understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Java Developer at GM.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience/training
- 2+ years' experience with developing Java/J2EE solutions
- Experience using EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC.
- Relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL, or PostgresSQL.
Why General Motors?
- Master’s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with rich internet application tools such as JQuery, Dojo, AJAX
- Experience using Java based application servers such as Apache Tomcat and/or JBoss.
- A working knowledge and experience building SOAP and/or REST based web services.
- Ability to utilize the Eclipse framework for application development, including editing/compiling code, unit testing with j-unit, and source code management with subversion.
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Posting Date : Jun 5, 2013, 3:32:27 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 18 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...