The City wide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOH&MH) to track the immunization status of children, provide recommendations about vaccines that are due, and monitor immunization coverage levels among New York City children.
The CIR is seeking a College Aide to assist with a geographic analysis project that will use CIR data to identify areas of low vaccination coverage in NYC. The position will assist senior research staff with data quality activities targeting the sample of children selected for the project and will perform other related functions. The selected candidate will manipulate a large volume of data, communicate with providers and parents via telephone, create and maintain spreadsheets related to the project, and perform data query, preparation, and basic analysis.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Performing data quality improvement functions for the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) such as record deduplication and address updates
• Making telephone calls to private residences and health care offices to obtain recent address information from parents and health care providers, and updating the CIR with address information
• Participating in merging duplicate records identified in the CIR
• Querying the CIR database to locate immunization records and providing information to health care providers and parents on obtaining immunization records following CIR protocols for releasing records
• Performing other special assignments as needed to meet the program’s objectives
Minimum Qual Requirements
For Assignment Level I:
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school.
For Assignment Level II (Information Technology):
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school with a specific course of study in information technology, computer science, management information systems, data processing, or closely related field, including or supplemented by 9 semester credits in an acceptable course of study.
For Assignment Level III (Information Technology Fellow):
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school with a specific course of study in information technology, computer science, management information systems, data processing, or other area relevant to the information technology project(s) assigned, including or supplemented by 9 semester credits in an acceptable course of study. Appointments to this Assignment Level will be made by the Technology Steering Committee through the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
Maximum tenure for all Assignment Levels in the title of College Aide is 6 years. No student shall be employed more than half-time in any week in which classes in which the student is enrolled are in session. Students may be employed full-time during their vacation periods.
It Is Desired the applicant:
• Have a strong customer service orientation and oral communication skills
• Are detail-oriented, have accurate data entry skills, and are very careful in handling large volume of data
• Have a courteous telephone manner
• Have strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Excel
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number #117613.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 18 months ago