Repairs class 6, 7 and 8 trucks efficiently to our customers and supervisors satisfaction. This includes repairing engines, cooling systems, drive trains, electrical systems, steering, suspension and brakes.
• Troubleshoots and tests various engine and truck systems, compares test results in specifications and determines if the system is working as designed.
• Uses service manuals, online resources and available diagnostic equipment to address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with repair procedures.
• Uses parts books and SIS effectively and orders parts to complete repairs.
• Writes complete, factual service reports for files and warranty purposes using DSI.
• Evaluates parts to determine reusability and cause of failure.
• Uses appropriate troubleshooting methods to diagnose and repair truck and engine systems within published TRG guidelines.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; CDL preferred.
• Basic computer/typing skills and knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
• Knowledge of SIS and STW.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Consistent attendance and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Associates degree in diesel technology or trade school diploma or equivalent experience required.
• Two to five years minimum experience in related truck repair field, this includes diagnosis, repair, disassembly, and assembly. Previous truck dealership experiences a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills required.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
• Exposure to high noise level.
• Exposure to fumes.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Truck Engine Technicians are expected to own and maintain the necessary tools to efficiently perform the job. While no specific tool list is issued, essential tools include wrenches and sockets, both standard and metric in a selection of sizes, as well as hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc. All tools should be of a good quality for safety and with a good warranty for replacement.
Western States is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Western States Equipment - 13 months ago