This job is responsible for directing and coordinating members of the care team, focusing on the provision of individualized quality patient care consistent with organizational standards. Develops the patient plan of care in partnership with physicians, interdisciplinary teams, and patient/family. This job is responsible for providing GI nursing care of all patient populations undergoing GI procedures to include inpatient, outpatient, and those patients undergoing procedures in Radiology, ED, ICU and throughout the hospital.
- Manages and coordinates the care of patients in a defined care delivery model, utilizing the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Supervises and/or provides all nursing care provided to an assigned patient population. Any delegated care is based on the abilities and limitations of care personnel and patient acuity. Continually monitors the performance of the team members reporting to the RN and adjusts the delivery of care or clinical technique appropriate to the patient.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the interdisciplinary team.
- Accountable for patient/family education in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team and patient/family.
- Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care.
- Provides a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
- Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates competent professional practice, and engages in opportunities for professional growth.
- Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Provides care for patients undergoing a GI procedure.
- Endoscopy RNs administer and maintain sedation and analgesia by order of the physician.
- Assesses, diagnoses, and intervenes in the event of complications.
- Monitors and assesses the patient receiving the sedation and analgesia throughout diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures.
- May provide on-call coverage for other locations and will respond within an appropriate time.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
- One-year experience within the last three (3) years in an acute care setting preferred.
- Previous GI Lab experience
- Minimum of two years experience within the past three years in an acute care setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience in endoscopy.
- Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- BLS required.
- Gastroenterology Nursing and membership in Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) is desired.
- IV competency must be attained within four months.
- RNC, CCRN, CEN, GI, or INS certification is preferred.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Nursing - RN
AR-Little Rock-St Vincent Infirmary
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 2 years ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...