LAN Engineer Senior
Administrative Title (Applicable to Faculty postings)
No Administrative Function
Bachelor's degree and two years of information technology experience.
Position Minimum Qualifications (For Faculty positions only. For Staff and A&P positions, please enter N/A)
Computer Services & Telecommunications is advertising two LAN Engineer Senior positions. The selected candidates for the LAN Engineer Senior positions should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
- Under general supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications including LAN/WAN systems.
- Requires advanced knowledge and experience of data network systems, network troubleshooting and applications.
- In addition to a strong knowledge supporting TCP/IP based networks, should be experienced with configuring and troubleshooting OSPF and BGP routing protocols on a Cisco internet work.
- Demonstrates knowledge/familiarity with the following systems: 802.11 wireless networking; IPSec and SSL Virtual Private Networks; Cisco Secure ACS; CiscoWorks LMS; Cisco Wireless Control System; and common desktop Operating Systems including Windows XP/7, Mac OS X, Linux/UNIX.
- Plans and evaluates complex network systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Provides assistance in network planning, engineering, architecture, and the development of technical standards and interface applications
- Requires at least three years of experience supporting Cisco network hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrates forward thinking and planning to ensure current and future technologies are implemented.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills.
- Supports the Service Desk trouble ticketing process and completes ticket administration in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of industry methods, standards, and practices. Knowledge of formal system management practices in a standards-based organization, including but not limited to formal change control administration.
Applicants for position 36376, LAN Engineer Senior, will also be considered for position 38403, LAN Engineer Senior.
- Requires CCNA certification, CCNP preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with the following Cisco routing and switching platforms: Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560 Layer 3 Switches; Cisco 7600, 3800, 2800 Routers; Cisco Nexus Data Center Switches; Cisco Firewall Services Modules; Cisco Wireless Services Modules; and Cisco Network Analysis Modules.
- This position must be available 24/7 in case of an emergency and may be asked to work during emergency situations possibly including early, late, weekend, holiday hours, and/or University closures such as during a hurricane, since Telecommunications is considered a "mission essential" component of UCF's operational capability. This position may also be an effective member of the UCF Emergency Team and COOP.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Information Technologies and Resources (ITR)
ITR - Computer Services and Telecommunications
$60,819 to negotiable (Pay Grade 9)
Type of Appointment for Staff Definitions? Go to Definitions
Type of Appointment for Faculty or A&P Definitions? Go to Definitions
If temporary, time limited, emergency, or multi -year contract, please specify timeframe:
Additional Application Materials Required
Work Schedule (Specify if other than Monday through Friday day shift. Not applicable to faculty positions.)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m and as needed.
App Types Accepted
University of Central Florida - 2 years ago
The University of Central Florida is a public, multi-campus, metropolitan research university, dedicated to serving its surrounding communit...