Provide information technology services for the assigned functional department in order to meet its business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ensure quality and satisfaction of functional area with IT service levels
· Support functional information systems and technologies
· Act as a liaison to software providers in dealing with service and support issues
· Understand, document and support all functional business processes
· Participate with functional team on continuous improvements projects, identifying and implementing IT enhancements
· Perform client training for information systems, applications, business process and hardware configuration and support
· Establish and maintain the channels of communication between the functional area and the IT department
· Facilitate the leveraging of shared IT services and best practices
· Cultivate relationships with functional users
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/MIS, computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
· 2+ years Information Technology experience in support of a business function or shared IT service. Strong preference towards SAP experience with expertise in MM/PP/QM
· Experience with enterprise class system(s) as it relates to the functional area
· Experience supporting specific functional area preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong background in application development and database technologies and concepts including developing technical solutions to a functional spec
· Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
· Proven problem solving and analytical skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent organization and follow through skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
· Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
· Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
· Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
· Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well as...