The Contract Manager provides operational oversight, day-to-day management, customer interface, and required reporting and compliance mandates (both internal and external). Represents company management with school officials concerning issues of passenger management, route scheduling, billing, charter activities, driver issues and general logistics matters. Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff and manages financial performance.
1) Manages fleet and facility. Improves operational efficiencies. Insures standardization of processes.
2) Ensures company safety policies and procedures are followed. Leads by example.
3) Manages and monitors company compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies.
4) Responsible for the day-today operations of the location including billing, payroll, routing/scheduling, DOT & state Dept of Education compliance, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Ensures compliance with Freedom of Association.
5) Builds positive relationships with local school district officials, parents and the community. Resolves customer complaints.
6) Coaches and evaluates personnel. Implements fair and consistent recognition and/or corrective discipline.
7) Recruits, selects and hires new employees. Manages orientation and training of employees.
8) May act as facilitator in programs designed to make First the “Preferred Employer."
9) May administer labor contract insuring consistency and positive employee relations.
10) All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
4 year degree or 5 to 7 years transportation managerial experience
Experience & Skills Required:
Strong commitment to a safety lifestyle
Computer literacy essential with Microsoft Word and Excel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with others in a team setting
Demonstrated ability to train, coach and provide leadership to subordinates
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions :
Office/school bus yard
FirstGroup - 2 years ago
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister...