Enterprise Business Compute
In this role you will be responsible for all corporate and engineering business infrastructure servers and the relationship and collaboration with AMD internal customers. Managing staff and cross-functional projects to optimize AMD business computing infrastructures. You will also be responsible for maintaining requirement pipeline and resource planning strategies, driving various initiatives to align resources and meet delivery goals. Successful candidate needs to collaborate with all organizational levels to optimize processes, forecast growth and manage the distribution of business compute. Working closely with peer organization in storage, networking, and data center around AMD.
- Define and execute resource fulfillment plans related to AMD's computing infrastructure
- Lead roadmap planning and budget responsibilities.
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously. Customer interface focus: Corporate Services, Sales, Finance, Marketing, IT, Global Operations, and Engineering.
- Develop infrastructure management and operational strategies to optimize use of computing resources – create work plans, gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analysis, and develop final recommendations.
- Manage to Service Level Agreement, Services Delivery; perform operational forecasting and capacity planning.
- Identify delivery metrics and drive initiatives to improve the efficiency, quality, and cost of inventory management to scale with the growth of AMD
- Provide 24x7 operational support functions including monthly preventative maintenance, maintenance contracts, metrics reporting for incident management and service requests.
- Manage employee and contractor engagement and professional development. Provide cross-functional team training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Focused on technology leadership and operational excellence by continue to transform IT into a world class service provider.
BS degree preferred with strong track record in IT or Engineering related field. MS a plus.
External Job Description : Skills Required:
- At least 5 – 7 years of data-center / operations / computing infrastructure-related experience, including experience in multi-tiered distributed application environments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills. Clear focus under pressure.
- Strong customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- Proven capability in effectively managing staff and the product-life-cycle and its financial impacts.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Ability to identify and assess critical path activities, and methodologies to resolve associated issues.
- Ability to identify resource constraints (headcount and material (e.g. test system availability).
Description of Duties: Leadership
- 5-7 years Project Management experience, including coordinating cross-functional teams, managing timelines, and creating project plans and related deliverables
- 5-7 years vendor management experience, in the context of information technology relating to enterprise application / servers
- Significant knowledge/expertise in relevant business issues and processes as well as enabling resources and technologies
- Excellent leadership, communications, customer relations, and process enhancement skills
- Ability to lead and manage both internal and external teams collaboratively with diverse groups of professionals
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Process- and procedure-oriented with experience in process development
- Proactive, responsive, and customer-service oriented with a strong sense of project ownership and accountability
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
Description of Duties: General
- Perform project assessment for resource allocation and load balancing
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members as required
- Assist team manager in developing and maintaining a strong and expert team by refining internal processes, recognizing issues and opportunities, and other means
- Prepare all team statistical data and reporting
- Vet and mitigate production issues; suggest solutions to AMD Management
- Assist in creating and refining team policy, procedure and resources
- Conduct weekly staff meeting
- Work with internal stakeholders, IT architect and technical experts to continually analyze business issues and needs as related to enterprise business computing (SAP, ERP, ePLM, Supply Chain, MES, EDW, ETL, BI) and help identify areas for improvement and recommend potential enhancements
- Gather and develop requirements, create and communicate project plans and timelines for online projects
- Organize the activities of cross-functional teams, and share accountability for outcomes and deadlines
- Set and manage internal customer expectations; ensure all timelines and deliverable deadlines are met
- Provide project updates, reports and summaries based on a schedule and as requested
- Work collaboratively and proactively with internal customer groups, team members and any 3rd parties involved throughout the project lifecycle
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - 12 months ago
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company with facilities around the world. The Company offer x86 microprocessors, for...