Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, hold an maintain the proper training and unrestricted certification as a Dental Assistant, with 1 year of dental experience in healthcare preferred. Must hold a current CPR card.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA) and the on-site Dentist, the Dental Assistant is responsible for coordinating dental services and assisting the Dentist with patient care, instruments, supplies, documentation, and support to the function of the dental department as requested.
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure that dental processes and systems are followed appropriately according to policies and procedures, company performance, and accreditation standards.
- Work cohesively with the Dentist in the coordination of the dental care delivery system within the facility.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and employees at all levels within the organization. Maintain clear lines of communication throughout issue-resolution processes.
- Demonstrate personal performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations and organizational criteria.
- Assist in documentation and maintenance of all patient dental records.
- Assist in triaging and scheduling of all dental sick call requests.
- Prepare clinic with appropriate instruments and materials for scheduled visits.
- Assist Dentist during treatment by providing instruments, materials, retraction or suction, as requested.
- Mix and fabricate all restorative materials.
- Ensure that all equipment related to dental services is properly maintained and functioning.
- Maintain all records for maintenance of equipment related to dental services, including, but not limited to, disinfections, repairs, and safety checks.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of dental services and assist in developing systems to ensure and monitor patient care and safety.
- Perform all sterilization and disinfection of all necessary equipment and tools between each scheduled dental visit.
- Develop all routine radiographs.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings as assigned and required in accordance with contract compliance.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations or patient care.
NaphCare, Inc. - 16 months ago
NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. Our...