Position Responsibilities :|
Required Skills & Experience :
- Responsible for development and unit testing of components for Interactive Program Guide and other embedded applications on set top boxes and Video-On-Demand systems;
- Develop, configure, improve, and troubleshoot applications using C/C++, Cygwin, Perl, CodeTap, CodeWarrior, VxWorks, VRTX, Fedora, JTAG, and Rational ClearCase;
- Fine tune the systems, applications, and infrastructure;
- Prototype and develop user interface and user interaction design for device application;
- Conceptualize and prototype new revenue generating services;
- Provide concepts and updates to senior staff and executives;
- Define business and software requirements;
- Maintain prototype asset libraries including interactive controls, behaviors, and video;
- Provide timely recommendations for optimization of work flow and prototype delivery;
- Develop patentable intellectual property;
- Provide system and application support;
- Interact with various teams and coordinate with offshore teams;
- Provide technical documentation of application design flows, troubleshooting steps, and procedures.
Must Reference : Job #1564-W
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems followed by 5 years of progressive experience developing, configuring, improving, and troubleshooting applications using C/C++, Cygwin, Perl, CodeTap, CodeWarrior, VxWorks, VRTX, Fedora, JTAG, and Rational ClearCase; Experience to include therein developing and troubleshooting embedded applications for set top boxes and Video-On-Demand systems.
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...