Provides administrative processes support for routine "back office" tasks such as client support processing, researching customer deposit and loan-related questions/problems, and performing miscellaneous customer and account maintenance as defined by client specific procedures. Routine decision-making is tightly defined, with greater latitude at higher job levels, all the while focused on efficient processing of high-volume transaction-oriented assignments.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Performs tasks to ensure compliance with work group and client-specific procedures to further guarantee adherence to service level agreements.
- Performs customer and account maintenance per reports, client workflow solution, postal mail, or by direct instruction from immediate supervisor.
- Directs all work requests from sources outside the department to immediate supervisor for consideration and approval.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and direct calls to appropriate resource for resolution. Escalates unresolved issues according to the work group's escalation guidelines.
- Works with appropriate system and vendor reports to ensure timely and accurate processing of all regulatory and non-regulatory issues.
- Assists in tracking, compiling, and completing reports as assigned.
- Makes recommendations to the department supervisor on any matter affecting productivity, efficiency, service or problem resolution.
- May mentor and guide more junior Account Services Specialists and/or proactively assist in production issues and questions.
- Maintains up-to-date procedure manuals and writes drafts for changes to procedures.
- May research and resolve internal and external customer-submitted and client-submitted account questions or problems outside normal daily procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
Intermediate level role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations. Normally follows established procedures on assignments, receives little instruction on daily work, and requires general instructions for newly introduced assignments. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires more than two years of experience in a customer-service or data-entry related position in a service industry. One or more years of banking experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of banking principles, operations and processes
- Strong PC skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Detail-oriented and customer-driven, focusing on providing the highest quality products and services to FIS internal and external clients
- Excellent data entry skill
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently on problem tickets within the client problem ticket solution
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
US-PA-Cranberry Township PA
US-AR-Little Rock AR
FIS Global - 10 months ago