Primary responsibilities/Job summary:
KeyPoint Government Solutions is currently seeking full-time employee investigators in Utah. Applicants must reside within 30 miles of the city of Salt Lake City, UT. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Candidates willing to relocate themselves to the area should include a cover letter stating that fact.
Investigators will conduct background investigations on a full-time basis in support of national security, focusing on casework for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Investigators will conduct face-to-face interview with the subject and his/her neighbors, employers, friends, and family. Investigators will also perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational institutions, financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Investigators then report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on a government computer system (provided).
Approved expenses during casework such as tolls, parking, etc., will be reimbursed, and a computer is provided. Investigators work from their own homes with remote supervision and are paid hourly. The investigation territory will include work within a 50-mile radius of the investigator's home. Additionally, candidates for employee investigator positions must be willing to travel for 3-4 weeks to complete work in other areas as needed.
Investigators without current or recent OPM experience must be willing to attend a 10-week training class (8 of which are paid). Of the 10 weeks of training, 3 consecutive weeks will take place at our Loveland, Colorado headquarters office (travel expenses are reimbursed).
- Candidates with experience conducting OPM background investigations preferred; if there are no applicants with OPM experience, candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a Bachelor's degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; if chosen candidate does not have an active clearance, the candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a federal government security clearance, which includes an investigation of 10+ years of history including items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship (required for security clearance)
- Due to travel requirements, a valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a mandatory post-offer drug test
Ideal candidates will have:
- Intermediate typing (20+ WPM) and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time with limited supervision
- Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
About KeyPoint Government Solutions, Inc.:
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an investigative and risk-mitigation services company that delivers advisory, monitoring, compliance and other solutions across a variety of related practice areas. Our primary areas of expertise include background investigations, infrastructure safety and security, emergency management, criminal justice services, fraud investigations and program management. Led by team of highly regarded industry authorities, our workforce of almost 1,600 investigators and subject matter experts supports a wide variety of clientele including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and more. Our reputation is consistent with quality, integrity, and exceeding both our clients’ and employees’ expectations. KeyPoint has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, N.Y., Austin, Tex., and Loveland, Colo.
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
KeyPoint Government Solutions - 24 months ago