Title Senior Systems Administrator Job # 14749BR Job Function Information Technology City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, our people make the difference. We employ some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet to deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that help improve the world and meet commercial, defense, and government challenges. We continually seek qualified candidates to join in contributing to our outstanding global team.
ARINC in Annapolis, MD is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Corporate Technology Services(CTS)Division.
The Corporate Technology Services(CTS)Division provides creative, reliable solutions for ARINC's internal and external customers. They provide global services including design, engineering, installation, dispatching, repair, outsourcing and consulting, and project management for a diverse base of network, radio, and applications services supporting information technology systems and networks in industries including aviation, health care, surface transportation, and government.
The Systems Administrator will:
****TS Clearance is preferred. Ability to obtain TS-SCI clearance is required.
- Be a member of a system administration team responsible for the design, deployment, installation, configuration and maintenance of UNIX-based server systems and software.
- Be able work independently as well as collaborate with team and project members.
- Have a working knowledge of Redhat Enterprise Virtualization or Kernel-based Virtual Machines, Enterprise Oracle Database Environment, Veritas Cluster, Veritas Netbackup, EMC storage, and EMC NetWorker.
- Project support may include (but is not limited to) Oracle/Sun Solaris, Linux Redhat/SUSE/Ubuntu, and MS Windows.
- Schedule and perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and software packages.
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Create and complete project plans within budgetary constraints.
- Work with other MIS departments to create effective and supportable computing solutions to meet business requirements.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that's just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Ten (10) or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator.
- In-depth Server hardware and OS knowledge and application integration support.
- Strong background in AD management and implementation.
- Strong Server consolidation experience using VMWARE.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/Sun Solaris, Linux Redhat/SUSE/Ubuntu, and MS Windows.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Masters Degree is strongly preferred.
- Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, etc. are also preferred. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 24 months ago