The primary responsibility of the Trade and Compliance Analyst is to research, gather, analyze and communicate the information flow of US and foreign import / export requirements for seed and non-seed movement.
- Articulate domestic and international laws and regulations to supervisor
- Support the Analysis Lead in the Governance of internal orders and processes
- Serve as one of the key and act as Primary Governmental Agency contacts relative to Trade Compliance. Emphasis is with Customs / Agricultural Ministry and associated compliance oriented agencies worldwide
- Assist in the audit of the Trade & Compliance dept for proper procedures and order value as well as Special Requests
- Works across World Region Import / Export / Trade Compliance Units to ensure their processes are compliant in order to effectively move freight throughout the region and global markets.
- As directed by Analysis Lead, work effort includes the documentation, standardization of reoccurring practices, standard operating procedures and updating training documents
- Work cross-functionally across the Monsanto Company (Crop Protection, Row Crop, and Vegetable) to capitalize on shared learning and ensure relevant practices are adopted and implemented.
- Liaison with the Trade & Compliance Specialists to pro-actively assist in removing obstacles to ensure daily orders can be exported according to compliance requirements
- Communicate with the Monsanto regions to validate and update foreign government or customer requirements
- Participate on the Global Trade Compliance and Regional Networks
- Trade and Compliance (US / foreign) research and resolution of pending or planned regulatory, laws or policies and the impact to the import / export process
- Non-seed import / export research and resolution
- Phytosanitary database maintenance for division requirements
- Assist in auditing the Trade & Compliance dept for proper procedures and order value as well as Special Requests
- Share Global Trade and Compliance practices
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Manufacturing, International Commerce
- Minimum of 1 year experience with both US export and import regulations preferred, including but not limited to Trade & Compliance, Shipping / Logistics, or Transportation
- Knowledge of USDA regulations pertaining to seed exports, Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin preferred.
- SAP experience preferred
- Custom Brokers License a plus
Monsanto - 13 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on wo...