Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Job Title : Legal Counsel (or Senior Legal Counsel, if applicable);
Sector: Janssen Pharmaceutical business
Primary business lawyer for the Janssen Pharmaceutical business in South Korea and management board attorney for Janssen Korea
As part of the senior leadership team of the business provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support on all legal matters.
Responsible for overseeing negotiation and drafting of various commercial contracts including significant supply, distribution, co-marketing, sales, product licensing, clinical trials, employment and non-disclosure agreements.
Proactively assess legal risks to the business and work with management to devise and implement policies and procedures to address and manage the risk including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations including KFDA, KFTC and with relevant industry codes including KRPIA.
Support new business development initiatives (M&A and licensing transactions) including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentation.
Be the sole person in Janssen Korea who is authorized to engage and manage outside counsel including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and ground rules for the business on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
Manage all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations related to the business.
Provide legal input and guidance to the management of Janssen Korea on company policies and procedures including the Policy on Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Deferred Prosecution Agreement and Health Care Compliance. This includes advising management on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, and creating appropriate training for management and employees on such policies and participating on all disciplinary panels related to the Company's policies and procedures..
Support on legal issues and risk management all enabling functions of Janssen Korea such as HR, Operations, Quality, Government Affairs, R&D, Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing and Finance (e.g., employment law, procurement, product liability).
Proactively partner and work with other J&J lawyers in Jansen Asia Pacific legal team and in the region/global to drive local alignment with regional and global best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Assist on brand protection initiatives including trademark support and counterfeit & grey market enforcement activities.
- Support development of local clinical trials and new product development.
- Advise business on its copy clearance materials and internet-related activities
- Perform corporate governance functions and fulfill all applicable reporting requirements relating to board and shareholders meetings (to the extent required under Korean law).
This position will report to the Pharmaceuticals Group Regional Counsel - Asia Pacific, Singapore
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Juris Doctorate, LLB or equivalent law degree from an internationally recognized university.
- Licensed to practice law in Seoul, Korea or a foreign-licensed attorney.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and written and spoken Korean.
- At least 8-12 years of relevant legal experience since qualification - preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience.
- Experience working in multinational corporations, ideally with significant experience doing legal work in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Generalist lawyers with broad-based commercial and corporate experience, ideally who is familiar with operating in an in-house environment.
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-South Korea-Seoul-Yongsan-gu
- Self starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership.
- Business Oriented - ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and create compliant growth for the business.
- Judgment capability, business consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across all levels of a matrixed organization.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an multi-national company and cross-border environment.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning range of business teams and executives within our client organizations.
- Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ablility to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- High ethics and energy to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards at Janssen Korea and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
- Experience doing transactional or cross-border licensing and acquisitions.
Organization: Janssen Korea, Ltd. (7220)
Job Function: Corporate Law
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies - 19 months ago
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science -...