The Database Developer is responsible for data transmission and distribution development, query optimization, performance tuning, report designing and publication. The applicant must have strong knowledge and experience in database development, administration, integration and reporting services configuration and implantation. The candidate is expected to make technical recommendations for business solutions. A strong technical background with a wide degree of technical proficiency, creativity and latitude is expected. Experience with Scrum and Agile development is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Develop inbound and outbound data services within SQL server stored procedure, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and.Net Visual Studio C# and Visual Basic.
- Perform query optimization, performance tuning, report designing and publication.
- Assist and support DBA to troubleshoot various database and system issues from night batch processing to live trading activities.
- Ensure a secure and sound backend system to support the order execution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong database development and administration, query optimization, performance tuning and monitoring skills in SQL Server 2005-2008, Integration Service and Report Service as required.
- Microsoft .Net Visual Studio and analysis service experience is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
TradeStation - 16 months ago