Technical Sales Specialist - Pacific STIHL (HI)
Zone is all of the Hawaiian Islands as well as quarterly travel to Guam, American Samoa and Micronesia.
We are seeking an individual with exceptional customer service and sales skills to demonstrate, train and support customers on the use of our Iconic Brand of STIHL products.
To learn more about STIHL,
CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL PLANT TOUR !
- Promote the safe application and use of STIHL products and to further enhance and support sales, assist with marketing, marketing communications, and project coordination as well as assist in sales growth by calling on customers.
- Develop, implement, demonstrate and evaluate product training programs as well as initiate contacts with actual and potential customers.
- Attend trade shows, dealer open houses, and other dealer-specific events to promote the general relations between STIHL and our customers.
- Develop and implement training programs for product demonstrations, usage, service, etc. to be marketed to customers and other parties in order to demonstrate, train and support STIHL products.
- Conduct new Dealer personnel training at customer locations as well as training at branch locations or other designated venues.
- H.S. diploma or equiv. is required. 2 years or more of college and/or a completed degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of related technical experience and/or 2+ years of demonstrated training related ability.
- Advanced computer skills are a must, preferably with Microsoft 7 or better inclusive of all programs.
- Public speaking skills are necessary as this role will be constantly presenting our product line, and training both dealers and end users.
- Comfort using, demonstrating and training with handheld outdoor power equipment such as chainsaws, cutoff machines and trimmers etc.
- Non-limited physical agility is required as there is frequent bending, lifting/moving up to 70lbs., reaching, standing, walking, sitting/driving, etc.
- Good visual and hearing acuity is required.
- A good driving record is required.
- The selected candidate will need to reside on either Oahu or Maui or be open to relocation there but there is a strong desire to hire a native Hawaiian who is familiar with the islands.
- Must be open and available for extensive travel as there is normally a minimum of 3 nights per week of overnight travel by road and/or air as well as quarterly visits to Guam, American Samoa, Micronesian and the Branch location in Visalia, CA for Sales & Technical meetings and trainings.
Are you ready to join a company with competitive compensation and superb benefits?
- Past or present experience working as a Landscaper, Commercial Gardener or at/for a STIHL Dealership would be very beneficial to this role.
- Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Polynesian language skills would be a huge benefit, but are not required for this role.
- A background in sales, training and/or customer service would be a good fit for this position.
- Experience pulling a trailer in the 14 foot + range and/or a trailer towing license endorsement is a plus.
Power up your Career with STIHL!
To apply, visit www.stihlcareers.com
EOE/ Drug Free Workplace
*"Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research (commercial landscapers) as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2011 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.
STIHL Inc. manufactures over 260 model variations of handheld outdoor power equipment for sale in the U.S. and around the world. STIHL...