Teach at least 9 hours each semester of undergraduate courses assigned by the department chair within the Athletic Training and Exercise Science Programs. The AT Program Director organizes and serves as administrator of all aspects of the accredited AT program including but not limited to curriculum review and revision, program budgetary oversight, compliance with CAATE accreditation requirements, academic advising, and supervision of AT students in collaboration with the Clinical Education Coordinator.
Minimum Education Requirements
An earned doctorate in Athletic Training or related discipline. Candidates who are ABD will be considered, but the position requires completion of all doctoral requirements by August 1st, 2013.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Certified by, and in good standing with, the Board of Certification as an Athletic Trainer (for at least 3 years) and also certified, and in good standing with, or eligible for certification as an athletic trainer by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
• Committed to high-quality classroom and clinical instruction, university service, and scholarly activity.
• International applicants must have appropriate documentation to hold a full-time employment position in the US.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Understands the current and revised CAATE Standards
• Demonstrates commitment to scholarly activity (grant-writing, research, etc.)
• Is familiar with the ATrack or other competency tracking methods
• Has experience writing a self-study and preparing for an accreditation site visit; evaluating program outcomes and revising curriculum to ensure CAATE standards are met; developing/enforcing policies and procedures for an ATEP ; advising undergraduate students; serving as an ATEP Director or Clinical Education Coordinator
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To assist the search committee in effectively reviewing your application materials, please be sure that your letter of application and vitae demonstrate your skill sets, credentials, and degrees held as requested by the posted advertisement. If you are ABD , please include a statement that outlines your plan for completion which should also include the name of your committee chair, phone number and email address along with your anticipated defense date and anticipated graduation date. For example: My dissertation committee anticipates that I will be completed by August 1, 2025 as my defense date is currently set for May 28, 2025. Currently my data has been collected and analyzed and Chapters 1 through 5 of the dissertation have been submitted to the committee. My dissertation committee chair is: Dr. Michael Jordan, 1000 Eastman Way, Atlanta, GA 40012, 815-000-0000, email: Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Murray State University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard