ATK Sporting is a leading technology developer and supplier of ammunition for law enforcement, military and sporting applications; a manufacturer of optics, reloading gear and sport shooting accessories; and a leading producer of tactical accessories. The company serves sport shooting enthusiasts, law enforcement professionals, military and tactical markets worldwide. It’s headquartered in Anoka, MN and employs approximately 4,300 people in 16 locations.
Our Norfolk, VA location is seeking a Financial Analyst to add to our team. The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing economic research and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements. The Financial Analyst will also develop, maintain, and establish operational specifications for financial information systems considering such things as information flow, volume, and document format for data processing equipment.
Education and Experience
- Prepare specific reports to include, but not limited to Daily Sales Reports, Daily Financial Reports, Rep Account Contact Effort (RACE) Reports, Monthly Expense Detail Reports, Monthly Checklist Reports, Test & Evaluation Reports, UPS Activity Report, Royalty Report, and Discontinued Inventory Report.
- Maintain data in various PivotTables and create new ones as needed
- Research or analyze account activity as needed, especially in support of the closing process
- Prepare journal entries for month-end closing processes
- Maintain and update various models used by the Finance department such as monthly financials, budgets, as needed
- Prepare analysis of sales, bookings, and inventory for periodic Category Reviews and prepare briefing charts in PowerPoint
- Generate research and analysis to support other departments on a regular or ad-hoc basis
- Continuously improve models and analytical techniques used in the department (e.g., documentation, error-checking, parsimonious calculation design, consistency of approach
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or 3-5 years related experience in Finance or Accounting
- AX system experience preferred
- Advanced Excel and Access Database skills required
- Ability to extract data from financial systems and manipulate in offline environments such as Excel and Access
- Knowledge of, and ability to interpret and apply, finance and accounting policies, practices, and systems
- Excellent financial analytic skills, combined with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, internally and externally
- Balance multiple projects, prioritizes these projects and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a track record of delivered results
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition ID ACA20121206-25220 . Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
: Accounting, Finance
: Full Time
Years of Experience
: 3-5 Years
Database, Finance, Financial, Financial Analyst, Information Systems, Research, Technology
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...