Become a Part of the Nike Team
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Expert Business Intelligence Architect, you'll work as part of the Consumer Digital Technology organization to support Nike's cutting edge consumer connectivity, customization, and commerce efforts. In addition, you'll contribute to emerging technologies in integration architecture and development. You'll have successfully made the leap from individual contributor to a lead role demonstrating your ability to effectively delegate work to team members and provide upward communication regarding team resource effectiveness and opportunities. You'll be integral in building and maintaining integration solutions for Consumer Digital and powering the business with information and intelligence.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Set architectural direction for our Global Consumer Database.
- Work with Infrastructure Architect to set platform direction.
- Define presentation layer direction.
- Define backend database architecture in conjunction with Development Tech Lead.
- Define data modeling best practices for logical and physical data models.
- Lead creation of solution options documents in partnership with Tech Lead.
- Drive best practices, design patterns and reference implementations for BI
- Be available throughout the development process to ensure design is followed and adapt it as needed.
- Ability balance between strategic design vs tactical needs.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science, Business, or equivalent
- 8 years of demonstrated experience progressive experience as Business Intelligence, Information or Data Architect or similar role
- 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with high volume, direct consumer data
- Well proven skills in data analysis and ability to relate data to business processes
- Demonstrated experience to support analytics data from large e-commerce websites
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Oracle database technology strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience utilizing reporting suites like Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, or similar
- 3 years of experience utilizing data visualization tools like Tableau, Clickview, Spotfire, etc. preferred
- Experience with Big Data technology like Hadoop, Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks, or similar preferred
- Experience with Clickstream data desired
- Strong preference for SCRUM development expertise.
- Experience working in complex projects with multi-tier architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment.
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguous requirements
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals for a world-class global and regional marketing organization
- Excellent communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Ability to use storytelling techniques to translate technical concepts and break down complex situations into easily understandable communications - visual, written and verbal that can be understood by less technically oriented stakeholders, including senior executives
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified.
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike - 22 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....