Collector 1/Part-Time Position
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance).
Our Default Servicing Team: Respectfully engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
** Please note the posting duration may be shortened based on job seeker volume **
SHIFT AVAILABLE: The hours will tentatively be 11:00am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri (with one day a half hour shorter). Shifts are subject to change based on business needs.
- Entry level collector; generally is completing or has completed a collections training program or has equivalent experience
- Knowledgeable of company products and services, policies, procedures, collections systems and how to apply this knowledge when communicating with delinquent customers
- Understands State and Federal regulations governing collection practices
- Knowledgeable of how to interpret and document information from various sources within the company's computer systems
- Uses auto-dial system to initiate customer contact and determine reason for delinquency; evaluates customers' financial situations and negotiates terms of repayment to bring account current
- May be responsible for skip tracing and/ or collateral analysis
- Refers more complex issues to higher level Collections staff
6+ months experience in a direct customer contact, service, collections or sales environment.
- Demonstrated solid work history
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Outlook
- Ability to navigate through several systems/applications simultaneously
- Excellent phone etiquette with strong time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with customers, employees, intradepartmental and other entities
**This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Experience in a call center environment
Wells Fargo - 23 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...