DMI is a fast-growing IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm with break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cyber security, and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has enabled us to achieve more than 970% growth since 2009, and in 2012 we were recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the Unites States. Our rapidly expanding client base includes all 15 Federal Executive Departments, and scores of commercial clients. Ranked as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal, DMI offers our employees continual opportunities for personal and professional growth and enrichment. DMI is a rising star -- hitch up your wagon!
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire an intern Technical Writer for a Federal Government customer on a long-term contract in the Martinsburg/Kearneysville, WV area.
Technical writer will...
- Gather, analyze, translate and compose technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Composes technical documents including, user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with broad group of government and contractor staff to gather content for technical documentation
- Assist in the creation and delivery of presentations
- Develop user training materials to include user guide, quick reference guides and tutorials
- Must work closely with developers to achieve all project schedule documentation deliverables
- Responsible for supporting the documentation efforts of other team members to produce project artifacts
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc)
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong customer service and consultation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and multitask
- Ability to work as part of a closely knit team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Personal initiative, a self-starter
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
Digital Management, Inc. - 14 months ago
Founded in 2002, Digital Management is an information technology strategy and solutions company focused on servicing the needs of a Federal...