Newman Regional Health and Emporia State University seek applications for the position of Chair, Emporia State University, Newman Division of Nursing, starting the 2013-2014 academic year. This position is a unique collaboration between an acute care hospital and a Regent University to offer a nationally accredited baccalaureate nursing program.
This 12-month, full-time position, requires an academically and experientially qualified individual to administer the baccalaureate nursing program. Responsibilities of the Division Chair involve aspects of personnel; fiscal management; and approval, accreditation and governance matters. It is a requirement that the Chair participate in teaching, scholarship, and service with a strong commitment to excellence. The Chair will be responsible to the Dean of Liberal Arts & Sciences at Emporia State University and to the CEO, Newman Regional Health.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience along with a full array of benefits.
- An earned doctorate in nursing
- Current nursing license and able to be licensed in Kansas
- Experience and accomplishments sufficient for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor
- Commitment to collaboration (i.e., engage communities and develop linkages, communicate and collaborate with institutions of higher education, agencies and representatives of federal, regional, state, and local levels)
- Prior experience as director of baccalaureate nursing program, including accreditation and program evaluation preferred.
Review of application will continue until a suitable candidate is secured. Individuals wishing to apply must submit the following electronically to the Human Resource Department at email@example.com . For questions please call Human Resources at 620-343-6800 ext. 1100 or ESU/Newman Division of Nursing at 620-343-6800 ext. 5641.
Letter of application, with a narrative statement of experience and qualifications related to this position.
Contact information for three professional references
Emporia State University - 5 months ago
Emporia.com community website for Emporia Kansas