Software Engineer 4 (13-020)
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems (NGIS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Information Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The Software Engineer 4 position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
This position is contingent upon customer approval.
- The candidate will be part of the C2BMC Software Integration Team responsible for installation and checkout of a Java based training system.
- The candidate will develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
- Some travel will be required to other development sites, as well as travel to user sites to support installation and checkout of software deliveries.
- Candidate must be able to independently and cooperatively develop software integration test plans/procedures from sources such as functional performance requirements and stated technical capabilities, oversee the integration of the test resources, execute these detailed test procedures, analyze test results, and present the test results orally and/or in written format.
- Candidate must have good system troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people within and external to the program.
- To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, EE, Math, Physics or related discipline with 9 or more years of related experience, or 13 years of directly related years of experience with no Bachelor’s degree.
- Active Secret Security clearance required.
- Experience in the integration of separate software products into a single system.
- Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and Unix platforms.
- Ability to develop independent software test plan and procedures, execute integration tests per established plans, perform technical analysis of test results, and document/present the results.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience in Java software development with a focus on troubleshooting and problem identification.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...