In 1924 MFS® established the first mutual fund to help make the US stock market more accessible to the average investor. Today, that commitment to investors remains evident in everything about the firm. At MFS® we hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. We believe the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration.
Working directly with the Director of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) the Project Manager will execute and facilitate as well as aid in the directing of strategy, business analysis, resource allocation and project management for projects conducted at MFS. As a member of the EPMO team, the Project Manager will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of MFS. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts. The Project Manager will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across project team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to project success, the Project Manager will follow and champion the project management best practices and guideline as defined by the EPMO. The Project Manager will participate in, and provided input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the EPMO team and project management functions.
- Further the business goals of MFS through the direct management and execution o f best-in-class projects/solutions for MFS.
- Build strong relationships with business divisions and departments across MFS globally; represent, champion and further the goals and opportunities of MFS teams in support of assigned initiatives.
- Display, or actively gather, a detailed understanding for the business needs and objectives of MFS and related internal clients globally based on project.
- Provide project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to team members in order to accomplish defined project deliverables.
- Plan, implement and control project work
- Develop project scope, budgets , project plans and communication plans
- Manage and monitor all project deliverables to successful completion, leverage EPMO best practices and complete project artifacts as appropriate.
- Actively create and manage project work plans, issues, risks, and key decisions.
- Monitor project budget and resources working with EPMO colleagues and project team members, escalate issues as appropriate.
- Work with project team to allocate resources appropriately. Review demand and capacity and be able to work out conflicts or reprioritize as needed.
- Actively communicate with project team members, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Create metrics to measure project success
- Conduct lessons learned meetings/surveys and analyze data and report to sponsor and team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on a wide array of corporate projects.
- Experience in project lifecycle management, feasibility analysis and conceptual design through development, implementation, training and rollout.
- Ability to align functional expertise and solutions to meet the changing demands of clients, competitors and regulators
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of Project Management, maintaining a solid understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Five or more (5 ) years of related project management experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Practical experience leading projects through all phases of delivery
- Previous member of a Enterprise or Project Management Office preferred
- Financial skills to manage project's operating and capital budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including senior management, administrative staff members, technical and non-technical personnel, and clients of MFS.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of MFS management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Massachusetts Financial Services (aka MFS Investment Management) offers more than 50 mutual funds, as well as annuities, separately managed...