Please attach a cover letter for full consideration of the temporary opportunity of Temporary Data Assistant 2.
This is full-time position ( 37.50 hours per week / Monday - Friday)
Paying approximately $17 per hour
This position is due to start: ASAP
This positions has an end date of approximately End July 2013.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Temporary Job Description:
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- Abstract all required patient data from medical records sources for entry into case report forms. Enter all data from paper forms and/or perform direct electronic data entry as required;
- Responsible for seeking out data by contacting other hospitals and physician offices to obtain medical records. Primary contact with sponsors for query resolution and data clarification issues;
- Schedule and run monitoring visits for all sponsored studies;
- Responsible for the long term follow-up with patients who are no longer receiving active treatment which may involve direct contact with patients, their families and/or referring physicians;
- Assessing protocol compliance;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BS Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Experience in data management in a health field, exposure to cancer clinical trials;
- Computer literate in MS Office software, internet use, and databases.
- Ability to understand complex pathology data and cancer treatment regimens and their toxicity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, nurses, technicians and co-workers.
“As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.”
- MS Office 2010 – including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Database experience.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 3/5/13
Northwestern University - 16 months ago
What's NU? With its main campus in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, Northwestern University (NU) serves its 16,500 students...