Job Title: Merchandise Execution Leader - In Training Puerto Rico
Job ID: 314763
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated: Fair and Square. Today, rooted in this rich legacy, we are re-imagining every aspect of our business in order to reclaim our birthright and become America’s favorite store. The truth is, we’re fine growing old. We’re not fine with growing stale. So we are throwing open the windows and letting in some fresh air. With 1,100 stores and jcp.com, we’re focused on delivering an exciting, new shopping experience that is in sync with the rhythm of our customers’ lives through exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation and unmatched customer service. Most critical to our success is enlisting the industry’s best talent to fuel our transformation and help change the way America shops for goods
The Merchandise Execution Manager will drive sales and profit and lead in Customer FIRST by leading their team in Store Merchandise Execution, including planning for sales floor merchandising changes, pricing and signing, logistics operations and overall store visual presentation. Reporting to the Store Leader, they will work collaboratively with leadership and team members to maintain a branded sales floor presentation to deliver on America’s favorite store. Direct reports will include the store’s sales support team (logistics), pricing and signing teams, and the visual merchandising team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Provides expertise and leadership on merchandising reset activities including forecasting workload, distributing work for the replenishment process, recovery, pricing and visual.
- Accountable for the merchandise recovery process by actively walking the floor to identify recovery and replenishment opportunities and allocating resources to improve merchandise presentation.
- Works closely with Service Leaders and Lead Experts to ensure that merchandise transitions are seamless resulting in presentation standards that always delights our customers.
- Passionate leader that works closely with the Talent Resource Leader to hire and select and place top talent.
- Strong visible coach that provides team members with coaching and training in the moment and career counseling.
jcpenney is transforming itself to become “America’s Favorite Store”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent leadership experience
- Embraces and cultivates a CustomerFIRST culture
- Sales Floor Merchandising experience
- Strong coach that can motivate, empower and develop others
- Demonstrated success and skills in planning, problem solving and communication
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...