The Ohio State University/Wexner Medical Center
The Allen Group has been retained by OSUMC to conduct a national search for a Physician Assistant-Neuromodulation located at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Centers in Columbus, Ohio.
The PA will provide neurosurgical and neuromodulation health care services to patients being managed by the Ohio State University Neuromodulation Center. The OSU Neuromodulation Center is a nationally recognized multidisciplinary, innovative and state-of-the-art program for patient care, education, applied research and innovation. Most recently, The Ohio State University was featured on The Today Show for its groundbreaking work utilizing “brain pacemakers” in early onset Alzheimer’s patients (To view this video please follow this link: http://www.hulu.com/watch/468852). The Center offers comprehensive and advanced treatments for patients with chronic disease and disability. The PA will work directly with the neurosurgeons in the center who perform surgical procedures such as deep brain stimulation (DBS), spinal cord stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, cortical stimulators, lesioning procedures, gamma knife radiosurgery, and resection surgeries.
Surgical conditions managed by the Center include patients with Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, spasticity, epilepsy, facial and headache pain, as well as other chronic pain conditions. The Center is also involved with multiple research projects involving different neurological, behavioral and psychological conditions.
- Providing surgical assistance during surgeries.
- Performing pre/post-op evaluations.
- Manage patients in the pre-op, operative, and post operative conditions
- Performs complete histories and physicals on patients of all ages to establish and record patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Provide continuing medical care, including daily examinations, writing orders, chart notes, discharging patients and completing discharge summaries.
- Follow-up with patients after discharge.
- Graduate of an A.M.A.-approved Physician Assistant Program.
- Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies or significant clinical practice and experience as a PA.
- Ohio license to practice as a PA and eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the OSMB.
- Neuro experience desirable but not required.
Please direct all inquires to:
Robert De Stefano
The Allen Group