Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Current license in good standing in the state in which to practice. Committed to operational excellence and community involvement. Complete knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Be a motivated caring professional with strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health care professionals, and the community at large. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Ability to effectively communicate and provide customer service in English required. Authorization to fill Medicare and Medicaid prescriptions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Passionate about consulting patients, helping them feel better, and keeping them healthy.
2. Process prescriptions accurately or supervise others in the process in accordance with current laws, ethics and company policies.
3. Provide outstanding customer service and patient counseling in the areas of prescription, OTC, durable medical equipment and other evolving health care needs.
4. Act as a liaison between the store and healthcare professionals, patients and law enforcement.
5. Comply with state and federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices.
6. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of patient and company information.
7. Maintain the highest standards of pharmacy practice and expertise.
8. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Champion and influence the behaviors critical to the Sweetbay strategy.
2. Partner with store managers and other associates.
3. Responsible for professional and business operations within the Pharmacy Department.
4. Identify store level sales and marketing opportunities in conjunction with the Store Manager.
5. Supervise the performance of duties and responsibilities of all pharmacy associates.
6. Ensure adequate staffing and training of Pharmacy personnel.
7. Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
10. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
11. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
12. Treat all coworkers with fairness, dignity and respect.
13. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.
3. Clerical accuracy skills and ability to use a cash register.
4. Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
5. Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up to 10 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
6. Bending at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the workday.
7. Work a schedule that averages 11.5 hours a day and 3.5 days a week.
8. Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers by phone and in person.